Winter is on its way and we now have a date for our Winter Invasion Weekend! Mark your calendars for the weekend of February 21, 2014, because this is an event you won't want to miss!
This is a ski resort take-over weekend at Massanutten! We will be taking hundreds of folks from across VA & pack them into one crazy weekend of skiing and snowboarding! Sound fun? That's JUST the beginning...We're talking about one weekend that everyone will continue to talk about for years to follow! No Rules! Just FUN!
Halloween is right around the bend! This is arguably Richmond's favorite time of year with all of the festivals, events, house parties, and more, so let's discuss costumes for a moment.
With every passing year, we see thousand upon thousands of cliche costumes that really don't portray the whole feel of Halloween. Let's dive a little deeper, as I have created the 10 Commandments of Halloween.
1. Thou shall not be a disney princess, sexy cat, bumble bee, etc, unless you are the walking dead version of such character.
2. One may decide to go costume less, but must refer to themselves as "From another realm"
3. Showing excess skin may or may not be appropriate for one's costume. For example: One should refrain from showing TOO much in family friendly events.
4. Plan ahead! This will save you from the long lines at Premier the day of Halloween.
5. Making your own costume is not ALWAYS a sure thing. Trial & error should be performed at least once before the 'Big Day.'
6. Save yourself from being like everyone else. DO NOT dress up as Miley Cyrus.
7. Not all costumes are fit for a bar. For example, oversized wings or props can cause quite a stir in a crowd.
8. When your bartender asks you to please remove your mask or sunglasses, they are following ABC regulations. If you want a drink in a timely manner, remove such props.
9. Dressing up as the guy from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and then hiding in the bushes to scare girls, will NEVER be ok.
10. Blood, Guts, & dead skin can be added to ANYTHING to make for a proper costume. (Please refer back to Commandment #1)
Metro Grill recently shot an entertaining web series to show off their Brunch, Date Night, and Late Night offerings. We here at Nightlife Virginia have to say they did a great job of making the videos entertaining.
Step right up, RVA!! The Virginia State Fair is here! We have a little over 4 days left of this awesome treat, filled with fun & games, live music, and lots & lots of amazingly unhealthy food. Who can say no?! Whether you're in it for the chocolate covered bacon, the old fashioned tractor race, or the rides, check out the link below to help you plan your visit!
Physical Address & Fair Location
The Meadow Event Park
13111 Dawn Blvd.
Doswell, VA 23047
Wednesday, October 2: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday, October 3: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday, October 4: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, October 5: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, October 6: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Note: These are the box office and building hours only; rides will continue to operate for a minimum of one hour after the box office closes, or longer at the discretion of fair management.
The infamous Sully, of F.W. Sullivans, has hit a few delays in his travels, but is scheduled for arrival soon!!
We've been waiting for a few months now, as the old Blackfinn space needed a bit of sprucing up. The staff is eagerly awaiting opening day, so stay tuned to their Facebook page for up to the minute news!
Pumpkin picking season officially opens this Saturday, September 21st at the Chesterfield Berry Farm! This marks just about a month before all the Halloween festivities we love in and around Richmond! We NEED to know:
What's THE biggest Halloween Party year after year?
Do you have a Halloween Contest? Add it to our events!
What do you think is going to be this year's most seen Halloween costume?
Tell us what you think by adding a comment below!
For more details about the fall festivities happening at Chesterfield Berry Farm, check out their website! http://chesterfieldberryfarm.com/