Social 52 is hosting their First Annual "Stuff the Bug" event on Saturday, November 29! This event kicks off at 12:00pm and supports Toys For Tots. Help them stuff their 1970's Volkswagen by bringing unwrapped, unused toy and receive drink and food specials all day and through December 13th. Crash, from 107.3 will be hosting the event as well as replaying it live on the radio! The first 75 guests to make it to the event will also receive a free holiday gift! Also, the VCU basketball team will be playing ODU at 2:00pm on the same day so stick around after the event for that!
Anthem Richmond's 37th annual marathon will be taking place on Saturday, November 15th! Sid Busch, a navy veteran from Charleston, South Carolina, will be joining running his 200th marathon in honor of fallen veterans, as well Barry Goldmeier who last year motivated the other runners by juggling while running. Runner's World named the Anthem Richmond Marathon as "America's Friendliest Marathon" and TripAdvisor said it was one of the 50 top marathons worth traveling for in 2014.
The marathon is so popular that it has reached capacity and is now closed for registration. To anyone who waited until registration is closed, the Sports Backers are offering a limited number of entries to anyone who donates $250 or more to Kids Run RVA, the event charity. the first race starts at 7 a.m.!
Nacho Taco Week is upon us again! If you have never heard of this amazing week long event, it is where 16 local restaurants have nacho and taco deals for only $5 dollars! The event runs from November 3rd-9th. Eat at 3 or more participating restaurants duing the week and you will be entered into a random drawing to win a $200 Visa card. Proudly sponsored by Cha Cha's Cantina!
Here is a link to the passport that tells you which restaurants are participating and you will need to veryify you went to the restaurants!
Calling all nerds & nerdettes! Whether you're a closet nerd, or own it, we've got the event for you! Join us this weekend downtown at Canal Club for the 2nd Annual RVACON! Come out dressed in your best Cosplay, or just enjoy the games & entertainment!
Confirmed the following acts / panels / entertainment:
- Eien Strife A Cosplay Adventure! - This interactive group with perform live band performance and fun panels throughout the weekend!
- Chipocrite - http://www.rvacon.org/blog/music/chipocrite-to-speak-and-perform-at-rvacon-2
- Geek's Night of Comedy - Cosplay Roasts, Geeky Stand Up Comedy, and more! This hilarious troupe from the Tidewater area invades RVACON 2014!
- Hear No Evil Events - Every day the first 200 people will receive a free pair of headphones for our silent disco! A live DJ will perform and wirelessly transmit their audio straight to your headset so you can dance when you want to or enjoy other aspects of our convention!
------- Silent Disco DJ Line Up --------
1. Paranoid Androidz
3. Groove Status
4. Elliott Ness
7. Dj Rometti
11. DJ Bohemian
12. Pixl N Bits
- Cosplay Beginners Fashion Show Saturday and Sunday!
- Cosplay Advanced Fashion Show Saturday and Sunday!
- Video Gaming all day!
- Dance Dance Revolution Tournaments !
- Geeks Night of Comedy Stand Up / Improv / & Roast Shows - Special Roast of Captain Kirk
- Friday and Saturday Late Night After Parties
Party with us at this year's Dogwood Classic at Colonial Downs! (The new Strawberry Hill)
Our party includes:
* Transportation to and from Colonial Downs from downtown to New Kent
* Access to our 20 plots with tent
* Catered Food from Sam Miller's & Kai
Grab your tickets today before they run out!
Get Your Tickets HERE! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nlv-party-at-the-dogwood-classic-2014-tickets-10741099919
Watch a Video of our party here
What is the Dogwood Classic:
The 2nd annual Dogwood Classic, scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday April 5th, continues a spring tailgating tradition at Colonial Downs Racetrack.The New Kent track is most known for playing host to some of the country’s top thoroughbred racehorses and jockeys every summer. The Dogwood Classic though will feature a day of National Steeplechase Association (NSA) sanctioned jump races held over the inner Secretariat Turf Course, all while vehicle tailgating takes place on our huge 1¼ miles outside dirt track.
Cars line up literally on the dirt oval itself along the inside rail and a sea of themed tailgate parties, pop up tents, coolers and cornhole games materialize. When the steeplechase races are held, all partygoers walk steps to the inner rail and experience a perfect view of the equine competitions
There's a whole lot of newness going on around Nightlife Virginia, and we can't wait to let you in on the details...But until that time comes, be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter! You can copy and paste the following link, or click the icon at the top right of the menu bar! We'll be keeping you posted on upcoming events, news from our sponsors, & MORE!
REMEMBER!! Check us out at F.W. Sullivan's Canal Bar as we'll be selling tickets to our Winter Invasion Weekend for $25 OFF! We'll see you there from 8-11pm! 103.7 PLAY and the one & only Jack will be there giving away ski lift & water park tickets to Massanutten too from 6-9pm!!